Length of Course:
The course is approximately 4 hours long and can be completed in one morning, afternoon, or evening.
Valley Wide: (480) 857-4000
Tucson: (520) 792-0400
Outside Maricopa County: 1-877-857-4414 (toll free)
Fax: (480) 240-1322
|Items needed for class:
||1. Your citation
2. If applicable, paper work showing your extended court date
3. Government issued photo identification.
4. Money order or cashier's check, payable to Arizona Traffic Schools
Need to reschedule my class?
Absolutely! Give us a call, or send us an email to email@example.com or simply sign up again online (with a comment depicting which class date you originally signed up for).
You can view our list of classes at www.azts.com
Am I eligible to take AZ Defensive Driving Program for my citation?
- Only one defensive driving class may be taken every 12 months from the day of the citation.
- You can attend for one violation only.
- Your citation must be on the list of eligible citations. See link below for list of eligible violations.
- If you were involved in a serious injury or fatal accident you are not eligible.
- Attendance is court ordered.
- Court permission if eligible misdemeanor.
- If you hold a commercial driver's license you are not eligible for the Defensive Driving Diversion Program, regardless of whether you were driving commercially at the time of the violation. In addition, those driving a commercial vehicle requiring a commercial driver's license are also not eligible.
- If you hold a commercial driver's license you are not eligible for the Defensive Driving Diversion program, regardless of whether or not you were driving commercially at the time of the violation. In addition, those driving a commercial vehicle requiring a commercial driver's license are also not eligible. The only exceptions to this rule are: 1.) if the violation occurred before the driver held CDL status or 2.) if the violation occurred after the driver surrendered his or her CDL status. For further information, view A.R.S. 28-3392.
- You must complete your course 7 days prior to your court date.
Why Attend Defensive Driving Class?
|There are several advantages to attending a defensive driving class over paying the cost of the ticket:
||1) The charge on your citation is dismissed and No Points will be assessed against your driver's license.
2) Since you have no points assessed against your license, your insurance rates will not increase.
3) IF you have a red light violation of 28-645A3A and you pay the fine instead of attending a defensive driving class, you will be ordered by the MVD to attend a Traffic Survival School class in addition to paying the fine. In addition to the increased costs, you'll spend more time in a class and have points assessed against your driver's license!
4) If you have a class (G) Driver's License , Arizona law requires you to complete Traffic Survival School upon receipt of your first conviction! Defensive Driving can keep you out of that class, decrease your out-of-pocket costs and keep the points off of your license!
Voluntary Attendance -
Refresher on Arizona Traffic Laws
Do you know all the recent laws and how they affect you? We do, and we'll teach them to you! Our fees for voluntary attendance at a Defensive Driving School are very low. Even better, voluntary attendance doesn't prohibit you from attending the class for a citation dismissal and many insurance companies offer a discount for attendance. Check with your insurance company for applicable discounts. This also applies to teens who are about to drive or have a driver’s license and need a tune up on defensive driving techniques and traffic laws.
About The Class
This course is approved by the Arizona Supreme Court Defensive Driving Program. It is designed to educate those who choose to attend in lieu of paying a fine or contesting a traffic citation. This course provides instruction on applicable traffic law, local ordinances and preventability, defensive driving techniques, alcohol and drug use as an accident factor, risk factors involved in irresponsible driver behaviors, and the use of seat belts and child restraints. This course is presented in a power point format with embedded video clips emphasizing the course content.
List of Eligible violations: Click here for PDF
Arizona Supreme Court Defensive Driving Website: Arizona Court Website or their toll free number 1-888-334-5565